I am looking to upgrade from a D7000 in a Subal housing. After reading posts comparing the D500 to the D850, I am leaning towards the 500. I use the Tokina 10-17 and the small Zen port a lot, and my understanding is that I will be a lot better pairing that with the D500. The cost savings of not needing to buy a new wide angle lens and port, along with the smaller size of the DX lenses and ports have a lot to do with my decision. As for my questions, I see a lot more Nauticam housings around. I see that they have an adapter that allows the use of Subal ports. Is there a reason to not go that route, as I already have Subal ports? Is there a another camera that I should also look at beyond the D500? I do shoot more wide angle than macro, but that has a lot to do with the fact that I did not buy a decent macro lens, and have not been happy with the results. I will be looking to get a good macro lens when I upgrade my camera and housing. Any thoughts and input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Ed