My suggestions are general as I only have experience with Nikon FF and not Sony. I have used D810 and D850 underwater for about 5 years now. My comments are about the focal lengths and related accessories and should be applicable to Sony as much as Nikon.
On the D810 or D850, I have tried the 60 and 105mm macro lenses and the 16-35 vr wide angle. Each macro lens has a dedicated port. The 16-35 goes behind a big (230mm -it's perhaps larger than you think) dome port and a 90mm extension. Some comments on each:
1. 60 macro - on FX it is simply too short. Do not bother with a macro in this focal range as you will be right on top of any subjects to the extent you can hardly light it.
2. 105 macro - on FX it's near ideal, though I find myself cropping a lot because I can't always get close enough. I tried it with a 1.4 teleconverter, and while I was finally satisfied with the working distance, I thought the TC robbed a bit too much sharpness. I would be dissatisfied shooting a 90mm with the reduced working distance.
3. 16-35 vr - it needs two things to be good. A big dome, and a Sea and Sea Internal Correction (ICL) lens to 'fix the corners'. By big dome I mean 230mm, or even 240mm. The S&S ICL is designed to work with 230/240mm domes and comes in 77 and 82 mm sizes. It costs $400. I shot the 16-35 for 4 years without the ICL, and I was always disappoint with the corners - until I got the ICL. HUGE difference, and I will not shoot the wide angle without it anymore. Note: I use a 90mm extension, but I've seen older recommendations for a 70mm extension. I cannot say which is better, but the 70mm recommendation was earlier than the 90, so I assume an improvement.
I don't have an F2.8 choice, but I can't say I miss it any. I always stop down for decent corners on wide angle (DOF on macro, edge quality on wide), and a typical setting is 1/160th at F8. Used to be F11 or more until I got the ICL, and now I can shoot at F5.6 in most cases and still have decent corners.
I am not much of a wide angle photographer, though I'm learning. The 16-35 is very often too wide for me, and I find myself setting it t 35mm and getting right on top of a small subject, then cropping a lot. Going even wider would generally just cause me more issues, but then I'm not much of a wide angle guy, and it may be partly the type of dive locations I favor.