Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Andy's Drysuits?

Started by mrmishkin ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Andy's Drysuits?

2 posts
  1. Andy's Drysuits?

    Hi

    I was wondering if anyone has experience with andy's drysuits specifically the WR3 neck and wrist changeable seals.

     

    My dive club presently has Andy's drysuits and would like to switch to the WR3 field changeable seal system. Do the wrist seals ever pop off? Any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks

  2. Andy's & New Seals

    My wife and lots of folks that I dive with use Andy's suits. They are great, quality, durable suits in my experience. I didn't know that they were doing field swappable seals. I just looked at their site and it looks fairly crude. DUI came out with their Zip Seals which look like a cleaner soulution.

     

    In any case, being able to easily replace a seal is very important. On a week long cold water trip a few months ago there was a rash of torn seals. 3 or 4 out of 12 people had failures. We were fortunate to have enough spares and a service tech on hand to replace them.

     

    Dave

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.