Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Flickering Sunlight in the shallow water

Started by SWink ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Flickering Sunlight in the shallow water

1 posts
  1. I wonder if anyone can help with a problem that has been bothering me for some time now?

    Macro videography is my favourite thing but I am often plagued by flickering sunlight in the shallows. Whereas this is usually great for wide angle stuff I often causes quite ugly results for macro subjects - especially on lighter sand. I shudder to think how may clips have ended up on the cutting room floor becaus of this.

    I have been toying with the idea of using one of those foldable grey balance/reflector cards as a sort of umbrella.

    Is this a problem for anyone else and do you have a solution? 

    Cheers
    Steve

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.