Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Sony A7III VS A7RIII vs A6400

Started by Baramon ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony A7III VS A7RIII vs A6400

6 posts
  1. I'm just getting back into photography , and I would like to get into UW photography as well I currently don't have any gear and in the market for it. The goal is to use the same camera for UW and surface.
    My main interest in UW photography is wide-angle shots and video. Sony 16-35mm F4  or Tamron 17-28mm f2.8 both for surface and UW shoots, but I'm a bit struggling to decide which body to pick. I'm not going to buy housing etc until the end of the year but I'd like to get the right camera and glass now.

    Any reasons why I should get A7III over A7RIII for UW?

    The benefits of a6400 are cost and weight. I've see Phil Rudin review and it got me really thinking about getting it with Sony 10-18 mm.

    I would really appreciate some feedback from more experienced UW photographers.

    Edited by Baramon
  2. anyone?

  3. Personally, I would go for the A6400. I have an A6000 and now I'm considering to upgrade it to A6400.

    I don't see that much benefit of FF vs APS-C.

  4. I would go with the a6600 over the a6400. It has most of the latest s/w, and a much bigger battery for video.

  5. I have attached the front page for my Sony a6400 review and I would agree with Jack regarding the A6600. All things being equal you will spend the same amount on housing, ports, gears, extensions, flash etc. for 6400 as you will for 6600. I consider the extra battery life and IBIS alone  to be worth the $400.00 or so difference. If you chose to go with A6400 I have one for $775.00 shipped that is like new. 

    You can also find my reviews for A7 III and A7R III in UWPMAG.com back issues.  

    I like the  10-15 zoom for W/A and the Zeiss 50mm macro best.

     

    untitled-108.jpg

    Edited by Phil Rudin
  6. Guys thanks for the great input a6600 seems like a good choice. Does it make sense to consider  Fuji Xt-3? 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.