Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Social Media

Started by photodouglas ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Social Media

5 posts
  1. I've posted watermarked images on social media which occasionally are copied by others for commercial use with the watermark cropped out.  Other that sending them an invoice, has anyone had any other effective means of recourse?  Thanks!

  2. Put pictures that are 1600 pixels max so that they can't really be used for printing

  3. You can submit take down notices to the service provider hosting the site.  The steps are available on line.  First you request them to remove from the website then if they refuse submit the takedown notice.  Do you have Copyright data embedded in the image EXIF?  that provides one less excuse for not contacting you.

  4. You can submit take down notices to the service provider hosting the site.  The steps are available on line.  First you request them to remove from the website then if they refuse submit the takedown notice.  Do you have Copyright data embedded in the image EXIF?  that provides one less excuse for not contacting you.

    The people that do that sort of stuff knick it before it can even be taken down
    I had a case of a guy who cropped my logo off a YouTube video and actually I would have not had a problem if he had asked me
    Facebook stops at 3 megapixels but for some people is enough so the only way is to down grade to 1.5 MP that can be shared on a phone but not put on a full size website
    It is a risk of social media and one of the reasons to be cautious if you care



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. I send them an invoice with two lines on it. One for the photo charge, and the second for unauthorised use. Usually I get an angry reply and they remove it without paying. The ones who pay are the legit businesses who left an ignorant intern unsupervised.

    I think people who crop watermarks are guiltier than those who lift the whole photo. I watermark and also resize everything I post on facebook to 1200 pix across and 150kb. Fine for people to phone browse while on the train, less useful for would-be thieves.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.