Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus E-PL housings and ports question - 60mm macro

Started by bluep ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus E-PL housings and ports question - 60mm macro

4 posts
  1. I have an Olympus E-PL7 housing PT-EP 12 with the standard port as well as a semi-dome port.  The standard port is too short to fit the 60mm macro lens (way to go on design Olympus!).  However, I do also have in storage an E-PL1 and PT-EP01 housing with the standard port that came with that.  Given that the 60mm was compatible with that housing and port, if I dig it out of storage and put the port from that housing onto the PT-EP 12, is there any reason why it wouldn't fit or work with the 60mm?  I don't want to trek down to where it is in storage if I've missed something and it won't work!

    Plus, if I use the old PT-EP 01 port, whats the best system for adding an additional wet diopter.  I seem to remember Olympus provided some noddy looking clip on macro ring that I never used and the later housings have a 67mm thread but the older ones don't.   Any particular flip systems or Olympus compatible solutions?

     

    Otherwise, it means looking for a Zen FP-100 macro port to fit the PT-EP12 and the extension ring which is a costly solution.

    Thanks for any help!

  2. Having had an EP housing and used a 60mm Macro the ep-01 port worked fine and was long enough. 

    By the way...if you have a UV filter on your lens it might be the issue. I could not use one or the lens would not fit my ep 01 port.

    Hope this helps.

    Kevin

  3. 1 hour ago, Kevin57 said:

    Having had an EP housing and used a 60mm Macro the ep-01 port worked fine and was long enough. 

    By the way...if you have a UV filter on your lens it might be the issue. I could not use one or the lens would not fit my ep 01 port.

    Hope this helps.

    Kevin

    Thanks for the response - the 60mm works fine with The EPL1 in its housing with that port (as that used to be my set up! But if I took that port and put it on the EPL7 housing...is the port compatible?  It should be but knowing Olympus it might not be!

  4. Olympus has a compatibility chart, but it is not easy to find.  Call Backscatter, they can give you the url or tell you if it will fit.

     

    Brant

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.