Am I the only person excited for the D780? I certainly hope Nauticam do a housing for it.
What are your thoughts?
Read-only discussion
Am I the only person excited for the D780? I certainly hope Nauticam do a housing for it.
What are your thoughts?
I guess the mot obvious advantage compared to previous Nikon DSLR cameras would be much better live view autofocus.
Which, IMO, should not be disregarded.
Exactly, live view mode like a Z6.
The problem is the flash timing at 1/200
With the correct flash and housing hardware, you could use HSS, which would avoid the problem slow flash sync speed issue.
I guess the disadvantage is that the Live View focusing is still not as good as the phase detect AF in existing SLRs...
I'm not sure it will make a huge difference for video.
I have heard a (very) unconfirmed rumour of a new high resolution SLR with D6 phase AF and the contrast detect/on chip phase detect from the Z series. That sounds very interesting! I should stress it is a rumour!
Adam
Hace 5 horas, adamhanlon dijo:Con el flash y el hardware de carcasa correctos, puede usar HSS, lo que evitaría el problema de la velocidad de sincronización lenta del flash.
Supongo que la desventaja es que el enfoque de Live View aún no es tan bueno como el AF de detección de fase en las SLR existentes ...
No estoy seguro de que suponga una gran diferencia para el vídeo.
He escuchado un rumor (muy) no confirmado de una nueva SLR de alta resolución con AF de fase D6 y detección de contraste / detección de fase en chip de la serie Z. ¡Eso suena muy interesante! ¡Debo enfatizar que es un rumor!
Adán
Hi Adam, Nikon D780 uses the same autofocus that the Z6 of phase detect in live view mode. For this reason I like it and I'm considering buying t'he D780 for underwater photograpy.
8 hours ago, adamhanlon said:...
I have heard a (very) unconfirmed rumour of a new high resolution SLR with D6 phase AF and the contrast detect/on chip phase detect from the Z series. That sounds very interesting! I should stress it is a rumour!Adam
This would be so tempting as I still prefer using DSLR's over any current MILC.
8 hours ago, adamhanlon said:I have heard a (very) unconfirmed rumour of a new high resolution SLR with D6 phase AF and the contrast detect/on chip phase detect from the Z series. That sounds very interesting! I should stress it is a rumour!
Nikon is expected to release later this year Z6s/Z7s, incremental updates which correct the biggest issues from the Z6/Z7 (dual memory card slots, vertical grip) and update to current standards (4k 60fps, USB power, ...)
Then there is the Z8/Z9 which is rumored to be the high end mirrorless, with 60MP sensor, and everything which can be expected from a high end pro camera. At this stage, it's not clear whether there will be two cameras, or a single one.
Nikon will also probably produce a D850 replacement with this same 60 MP sensor, but it is expected to be release after the Z8. This D850 replacement will probably be the last Nikon DSLR, unless a successor to the D7500 is produced.
17 hours ago, Northsea said:phase detect in live view mode
On-chip phase detect is NOT the same as phase detect using a separate AF sensor.
The former compares the image on the sides of the sensor and is (currently) less accurate and slower than the former. The D780 looks like a great camera, but I would argue that the D500 is a better choice for underwater use...
13 hours ago, Algwyn said:This D850 replacement will probably be the last Nikon DSLR, unless a successor to the D7500 is produced.
Nikon told me that the SLR was dead and there was to be no more development after the D5 series. Well, since them telling me that they have released the D6 and D780...
The only people that know Nikon's actual plans are not telling.
My guess (and the current rumor in the industry) is that we will see a series of hybrid cameras, using similar sensors, but with SLR AF and improved Live View performance from the Z series. These have the potential to be very exciting for underwater use.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.