I live in a dusty area and have a dog, so was looking for a good way to store all of my camera gear between use that would keep the dust out, while keeping it accessible and nicely displayed.
I found that they make filtered cabinets that allow you to keep your gear on display that also control the humidity.
My question in this:
Removing humidity from the air for lenses and general camera equipment is good.
Would this be bad to put my ports/housing/etc in there because of the o-rings? Would it dry them out and make them more likely to crack?
Sounds great to me. I seal my O-Rings [lubed] in zip lock bags, regardless. I (and many friends) store our gear in clear plastic tubs with a tight lid. Keeps dust out and moisture changes to a minimum.
o-rings are not "wet" so drying them out is not really a thing. If it is long term storage removing o-rings and storing them in a zip lock is worth considering to avoid putting a set in them from keeping them compressed.