Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Keywording: Wordroom for Lightroom

Started by TimG ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Keywording: Wordroom for Lightroom

6 posts
  1. I could be behind the curve of course but I hadn't heard before yesterday about a plug-in for LR called Wordroom.

    It's a download which acts as a plug-in and uses AI to produce keywords. Select a folder within LR, run the plug-in and Woodroom opens a box showing a copy of the image and offers about 30 key words. Its easy to pick and choose, add your own, delete some - whatever. Click Add to Image and all the key words chosen appear in the LR keyboarding box. Wordroom then goes into the next image and so on.

    I loaded it and had a play last night. For topside images it was pretty impressive. Not tried u/w yet. It was fast, suggestions sensible and helpful and beats the heck from flogging through thinking of key words. It adds emotions, movements and colours as well as the obvious features.

    The download is free although limits the number of images you can keyword through it a month.

    More info here:

    https://wordroom.org 

    Edited by TimG
  2. I've now tried this with u/w pics. Woweee....... :yahoo:

  3. Very interesting. If you ever used adobe platform for stock photos it has a great AI engine that identifies keywords so Adobe has the technology too but seems not to want to use it. I will give a go to this plug in

  4. Yeah, agreed. I use their system for some of the key-wording when submitting pics to Adobe Stock - it's good.

    This is really useful though as once done in LR the keywords can be included in any uploads to agencies. Although not surprisingly it doesn't produce detailed underwater keywords for critters, it nevertheless does all the drudgery ones.

  5. I'm now 6 months into using Wordroom and have found it very good. 

    I've also discovered - and this is probably just me being way behind the tec curve - that's it's possible to program a shortcut key in MacOS to call up the Wordroom plug-in inside LR. So I've programmed Cmd-W which then brings up the Wordroom screen. Works a charm.

    I was so proud of myself .... :drink:

    Details are here: 

    http://thephotogeek.com/keyboard-shortcut-lr-plugin-menu-item/

  6. Anyone else using Wordroom and find it now takes ages for the keywords to filter into the LR Keywords Tag box? 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.