Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Some Roatan shots

Started by phxazcraig ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Some Roatan shots

14 posts
  1. Testing how to embed an image in a post to get around the small size limit.   I've had issues in the past for some reason, and there are a number of shots I'd like to show.

    I like diving in Roatan, an island of Honduras in the Caribbean.  It's easy for me to get to, cheap, and very laid back above water where I stay.  Underwater it is as good as I've sen in the Caribbean.

    191004-091049-2-D850.jpg

     

    191004-083842-3-D850.jpg

    191003-105824-1-D850.jpg

  2. Nice, Craig! Love the composition on the third shot. Is that Calvin’s Crack?

  3. 1 hour ago, EvilOtter said:

    Nice, Craig! Love the composition on the third shot. Is that Calvin’s Crack?

    Yes, Calvin's Crack, last fall.    I've been there many times (a dozen?) but didn't think before to shoot straight up.   I'm learning a lot about shooting wide angle.

    Here are some more from the Crack:

    Entering:191003-105510-1-D850.jpg

    Inside the Crack:

    191003-105644-6-D850.jpg

     

    Looking up, but with a wider zoom setting than the other shot:

    191003-105851-4-D850.jpg

     

    Coming out of the Crack.

    191003-105936-6-D850.jpg

     

    Edited by phxazcraig — hit enter too soon...
  4. I love that shot of the tunicates, beautiful color.

  5.  A few more, all from Roatan:

    191004-110814-0-D850.jpg

     

    191004-105706-3-D850.jpg

     

    191004-104320-8-D850.jpg

     

    191004-103332-8-D850.jpg

     

    191004-090351-7-D850.jpg

     

    191002-112514-5-D850.jpg

     

    190922-135953-6-D850.jpg

  6. Love Roatan. Met my favorite dive buddy there (and eventually married her :) ) Thanks for sharing.

  7. 16 hours ago, jcfig said:

    Love Roatan. Met my favorite dive buddy there (and eventually married her :) ) Thanks for sharing.

    Very cool!  One for the log book eh!?  :drink:

  8. How about a few more?

    190923-104358-7-D850.jpg

     

    190923-140006-0-D850.jpg

    190923-142022-9-D850.jpg

     

    190924-112539-5-D850.jpg

    190925-144924-9-D850.jpg

    190926-084757-4-D850.jpg

     

    190926-135943-9-D850.jpg

    190928-140235-1-D850.jpg

    190928-140458-0-D850.jpg

    190929-105529-2-D850.jpg

    190929-111249-8-D850.jpg

     

  9. Beautiful images, now I want to go to Roatan too :)

  10. Can wait to visit there this summer!!! Amazing photos!

  11. Fighting Social Isolation, one post at a time!  How about a few more images from Roatan?  

    180923d-111754-60-D810.jpg

     

    180924d-112417-94-D810.jpg

     

    180924d-135731-07-D810.jpg

     

    Here is a Split-Crown Feather Duster caught in the act of disappearing back into its hole:

    180925d-135317-38-D810.jpg

     

    180927-104923-73-D810.jpg

     

    180929-143753-58-D810.jpg

     

  12. And more...

    180930-105915-22-D810.jpg

     

    181001-102846-26-D810.jpg

     

    181002-111823-21-D810.jpg

     

    181002-111852-25-D810.jpg

     

    181002-111858-63-D810.jpg

     

    181004-120619-75-D810.jpg

     

  13. You’ve inspired me to upload some of my old shots too (and to maybe book a return trip!)

    58A94E7D-0DF7-42F5-AAD1-59AD60BFC412.jpeg

    BFF4010B-B5FA-46E9-8D67-4EE710A72AE1.jpeg

  14. Keep 'em coming!  I've posted others in another thread, but I'm trying not to duplicate. 

    Here are some more.

    When an eel gets too close:

    170924-141949-15-D810.jpg

     

    170926-085636-82-D810.jpg

     

    170926-111126-73-D810.jpg

     

    170928-103506-59-D810.jpg

     

    170929-094418-50-D810.jpg

     

    170929-111916-13-D810.jpg

     

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.