Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Need help with inon viewfinder and housing

Started by Zow ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Need help with inon viewfinder and housing

2 posts
  1. I recently acquired a Sea and Sea EM5 MKII housing for Olympus EM5 MkII.

     

    I would like to ask if this inon 45 degree viewfinder can fit into it? Do i need to purchase a connector for sea and sea housings? If so where can I get one?

     

    Thanks a lot!

     

     

     

    a18b0df4e89b432389eb57178a4d74ae.jpgIMG_0038.jpg

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. According to this website:  https://www.backscatter.com/Discontinued-Sea-and-Sea-MDX-EM5MKII-Housing-for

    the 45 degree viewfinder is an option.   I assume it is just like the viewfinder I use in my Nauticam housing (except mine is 180 degrees), and no extra attachments are needed.

    In MY system, you remove the stock viewfinder and simply plug in the external one (45 degree one, in your case).

    To remove the stock viewfinder, you probably just remove a single o-ring on the inside of the back of the housing.  The old viewfinder should then slide out, and you slide in the new one.  Replace the o-ring and .... you're done!   

    My 180 degree viewfinder sticks way out and can't be left in for packing.  So I remove it and put back in the stock viewfinder every time I pack the housing for a trip home.  (Never actually used the stock viewfinder).   It's an easy process.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.