Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam GH5 troubles w/ switching from MF to AFC/AFS

Started by ladiver33 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam GH5 troubles w/ switching from MF to AFC/AFS

4 posts
  1. Hi! I own a GH5 camera with the Nauticam housing. Having intermittent issues switching from Manual Focus to either Auto Focus C/S modes. Will have no problems or issues for a few days ina row, but 2 out of every 10 dives, once I switch to manual (w/ the camera in the housing) -  I can not switch out of it (unless I open up the camera, spin the dial myself and seal the housing back up).  Obviously far from ideal solution. It's difficult to replicate when the camera/housing are dry and topside. It seems to primarily happen in the water.  Never any issues with switching back and forth from AFC to AFS and vice versa. Just switching from MF. If I had to describe it, I would say you can can sort of "feel" that the latch or lever, is just a bit off the dial. Taking a look inside - everything looks in place, appears to be fully functioning etc.

    Curious if anyone had any similar experiences or has a bit of advice (maybe I am missing something super obvious?) before I send it off to be serviced.

    Any/all insight super appreciated! Thanks!

    Edited by ladiver33 — spelling
  2. Locate this spring and with a pencil or similar ensure that it is correctly in position as it may dislodge

    Subscribe my blog http://interceptor121.com

     

     

     

    63af2a00c661639613695feb78098167.jpg

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

     

  3. I had the problem twice. Once, the the housing pin was slightly off center. The above will work. Test, before getting in the water. The second time, the camera was not seating well in the housing. This can cause all types of problems, but a button/lever not working is common.

    Good luck!

  4. 8 hours ago, bill1946 said:

    I had the problem twice. Once, the the housing pin was slightly off center. The above will work. Test, before getting in the water. The second time, the camera was not seating well in the housing. This can cause all types of problems, but a button/lever not working is common.

    Good luck!

    Bit embarrassing but after a quick call w/ Backscatter, we went through a few options. At the very end of the call they thankfully asked "Did you check to see if your camera or tray is loose in the housing?". Low and behold it was. Such a "duh" moment. Super appreciate the reply and thank you Interceptor21 for the incredibly helpful spring photo. Spring is thankfully okay!

     

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.