Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Where to buy URPRO filters?

Started by thani ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Where to buy URPRO filters?

13 posts
  1. Hi,

    Did anybody have any luck ordering URPRO filters from the net online?

    Their site still uses the old fashion fax order :(

  2. I think the guy is semi retired

    Besides URPRO does not work well with Panasonic colors have you tried something else?

  3. Hi Massimo,

    I tried the  Auto-Magic red filter which I think more suitable for deep blue waters like the red sea but I found the URPRO red filter works better for me on GH5s in our water (Arabian Gulf/Gulf of Oman - greenish tent) and the tropical waters. I am using the filter with just ambient light with very good color rendition. 

     

  4. they are hard to find I have a 67mm version have you tried the Keldan? In my opinion the best match for Panasonic

  5. Have you tried Keldan beyond the 20m rated depth with ambient light? 

  6. 4 hours ago, thani said:

    Have you tried Keldan beyond the 20m rated depth with ambient light? 

    No it does not get there. URPRO works better at deeper range but terrible in the first 15 meters

    There is no solution that is good 0-25

  7. Have you tested the Sf-4 from Keldan that is supposed to go deeper? I saw your test with the three filters and thought the keldan had more natural colours (even if maybe not more vivid) than the other at all depths.

  8. 51 minutes ago, hyp said:

    Have you tested the Sf-4 from Keldan that is supposed to go deeper? I saw your test with the three filters and thought the keldan had more natural colours (even if maybe not more vivid) than the other at all depths.

    Yes I tested then the prototype were given to me last year and on the GH5 too much grain noise unusable

    Maybe full frame...

  9. Ok, I thought that 4 stops was a lot of light.

  10. I have a 67mm URPRO filter sitting around that I wouldn't mind unloading if you still want to get one. 

  11. On 2/9/2020 at 1:46 PM, dreifish said:

    I have a 67mm URPRO filter sitting around that I wouldn't mind unloading if you still want to get one. 

    I have asked somebody to sort them out. And if they fail, I will definitely reach out to you. Thanks.

  12. Hi,

    I was buying my ur pro filters from Photo Denfert in Paris, France - They might still have some left.

    https://www.photo-denfert.com/

    Cheers,

    Ben

  13. Thank you ben gazzal. I just dropped them an email. 

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.