Good evening.
I have an issue with my new photography gear. I'll explain it here written but I also made a video for those who prefer not to read.
The whole setup is new and the batteries are charged. I'm using a Canon RP in a Nimar housing. I have a flash trigger sitting in the hot shoe (battery is new as far as I know). I had to stick the LED to the optical bulkhead but I made sure that the LED sits right in the middle of it. The optical bulkhead was already installed by Nimar. It was delivered with a small adapter to put two cables at the same time. I am using new Inon fiber optic cables and 2 Inon Z330 strobes.
Here is what I tested (and documented in the video):
When the shutter is actuated the LED Flash sync works every single time, a quick red light is emitted. (I confirmed with Nimar that the LED is indeed red and it's not a sign of low battery or similar).
When I hold the strobe about 10 cm close to the optical bulkhead this little LED is strong enough to trigger it. I did this to make sure that the camera & strobe are in the right mode to fire. Both strobes work with this test.
When I connect the fiber optic cables to the bulkhead and look at the ends, I can see the red light every time I click the shutter.
I assume that with these steps I show that the camera, the flash sync, the cables and the strobes all reliably work.
Now that I put everything together the strobes don't fire. My assumption is that the cables don't carry enough light to trigger the strobes? They seem clean and are original cables, so I assume good quality. Do I need to cut the tip off or something? I used them like I got them. They don't have any kinks or other visible issues.
Any recommendations on how to proceed? Do my tests clearly define the cables as the problem or did I miss something?
Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor of the strobes?
Here is the link to the video:
Thanks in advance for any help.
Patric