I'm going wreck diving in Truk Lagoon this year. Any experiences/recommendations for the best WA setup to cover exterior and interior wreck shots?
I'll be shooting an Olympus m43 in a Nauticam housing with dual strobes (Z330 or Retra). Size and weight are main limitations.
I only have UW photography experience from a GoPro. Plenty experience top-side.
I mainly dive wrecks and this lens/port/dome is only for that purpose.
Options I'm considering (probably in this order):
- Pana 8mm FE i 4" port (size and weight is very attractive, FE for interiors maybe not ideal, doesn't seem flexible enough)
- Pana 14-42mm in macro port with WWL-1 (versatility is a plus, IQ of pana lens worries me, weight is a disadvantage)
- Oly 7-14mm in 170mm port (versatility is a plus, better iq than wwl-1 (?), weight is disadvantage)
- Oly 24mm in 4" port (size is an advantage, maybe more general purpose than 8mm FE)
I really would like the Pana 8mm FE option to work, but with only GoPro UW experience, I'm not certain what compromises that will entail.