Hi I currently use the GH5 in the Nauticam Housing.
I moved from theOlympus M.Zuiko ED 7-14mm f/2.8 Pro lens with Nauticam N120 180mm Optical Glass Wide Angle Port --- Pros: Wide angle with very good quality sharp image. Did not have the best luck bringing my f-stop below 11 without getting really soft corners due to dome port optics focusing on the virtual image i assume. This fact alone making it all but impossible to get results in the cave. ( Talking video here not pictures) This lens is great for shallow water with plenty of light if........ you don't need to get close to your subject. The working distance with this set up i can't remember but you need to be a little bit away from your subject to keep focus.
I now use the Panasonic LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 14-42mm
f/3.5-5.6 ASPH., Micro Four Thirds, POWER Optical I.S. with the WWL-1 wet lens. This allows me to lower the F stop while still keeping the corner sharpness and i can shoot different scenes with the zoom. Also I can get up close and personnel with my subject as you can focus almost right up to the lens. Still having challenges with white balance and focus to be honest but when i get everything right i am happy with the results.
However in a cave even with my G18 18,000 lumen lights F9 and 3200 ISO my blacks are really grainy!!! click on link to see example of my shots. Cave in Mexico
I asked basically the same questing on the GH5 page on facebook but got a lot of people perplexed why so high f stop. I now know that after seeing some of interceptors post I could bring that down to about 5.6 possibly with the WWL-1 and lens combo?
Still I am thinking a cave specific lens port combo might be worth investing in maybe even a GH5S body if i can find one cheap. So I would like to bring my f-stop and iso down as practically as possible.
Below is one answer i got from a poster on the GH5 forum on Facebook. Would you guys agree?....
F9? On a m4/3 camera you can easily go much lower and have no issues with depth of field. You dont use a dome port so I guess you are using a WWL1 which has no problems with soft corners. For such conditions the 15mm f1.7 pana works much much better. Also consider shooting 24fps it will give you some more light at 180d. My 2c