Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

GH5 battery life

Started by Davide DB ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

GH5 battery life

6 posts
  1. Hi all,

    I don't konw if is there someone with a GH5 coming from a GH4...

    What's your experience with GH5 battery life as compared to GH4?
    I'm a long time Panasonic users and battery life has always been the best in the market. I found GH2 GH3 and GH4 having more or less tha same battery life. Now my new GH5 lasts half the time of my GH4. For the first time since I use Pana camera I completely discharged my battery at the end of dive (3h dive) but with my GH3 and Gh4 usually i still have 70% battery life. 
    I've checked all the menu, except the recording format I'm using (4:2:2 10 bit long gop) all the rest is more or less the same.

    Any feedback please?

    Thanks

  2. Hi Davide,

    I agree - the battery life of the GH5 isn't at all like the GH4 and GH3 - its not as good, I think a combination of the IBIS and processor has played a factor.

  3. Thanks Richard 

    I was afraid the camera had some problem

     

  4. Some settings suck the battery life. Continuous auto focus, Quick AF, and of course LCD brightness and power zoom lenses (I do not use power zoom) are a few culprits

  5. None of them are selected.

    I have the same settings of my gh4 and gh3 and battery life sucks.

  6. 40 minutes ago, Davide DB said:

    None of them are selected.

    I have the same settings of my gh4 and gh3 and battery life sucks.

    I did not have any of the GHx and for video so can't comment. When I was in Tiger Beach I would say the camera would not do one hour continuous recording.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.