Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Floaty port .. best way to trim it out?

Started by tantram ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Floaty port .. best way to trim it out?

4 posts
  1. Hey folks,

    I'm shooting with a Sea & Sea MDX7 housing with an 8" port. I have the system pretty much neutrally buoyant (stix floats on the strobe arms), but it's not trimmed properly. The dome makes it so floaty in the front that my wrists are tired at the end of the dive, and I find myself fighting the rig from twisting up. It also throws my dive trim off as I'm fighting this, forcing me to the keep the camera under the center of my body.

    Any tips?

  2. Been there! There are multiple ways to accomplish this. External weights, internal weights; variations.  Use us the stick on weights on the port. avioro8 is correct. However, I had a lot of trim to do, so opted for heavier weights  (8 ozs.) I got from Gates. Velcro stick on with corresponding weights. Whatever, test at home in a tub of water BEFORE your trip. You will be glad.

    Bill

  3. Thank you! I've ordered some up and will be testing it this weekend. Very helpful.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.