Just finished up spending several days with the Nikon Z6 and Ikelite housing with the compact 8 inch dome port. The lenses I tested were the native Z 14-30mm rectilinear zoom and the 8-15mm Fisheye with the FTZ lens mount adapter. My test camera had the version 2.0 softwear not the new V. 3.0 which Adam addresses with this post. I found the version 2.0 to be an improvement over the v. 1.0 I first tested in late 2018 using the just released Z7. I shot the v. 2.0 in AF-S rather than to use the hit and miss tracking which appears to have been resolved with the V. 3.0 update.
The Z6 is an excellent camera with superb build and image quality. The native 14-30mm is quite good for underwater use since most will be using higher F/stops in the F/11 to F/22 range.
The 8-15mm Fisheye zooms gives the same performance on the Z6 with the adapter as the Canon 8-15 Fisheye does on the Sony A7 III with an adapter.
My full review will be posting soon in issue #113 of uwpmag.com.
Attached image,
Large Mouth Bass, Ginnie Springs, Florida, Nikon Z6, Z 14-30mm F/4 S, at 17.5mm, ISO-640, F/13, 1/125th sec, Ikelite housing, 8 inch compact dome port, Two Ikelite DS-161 flash’s.
