Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Ambon, Indonesia with the GH5

Started by stphnmartin ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

Ambon, Indonesia with the GH5

18 posts
  1. Stopped in Ambon last October for a few days of diving after a LOB trip in the. Banda Sea. If you haven't dived Ambon it's well worth the stop as the macro life is wonderful and abundant. This was my second time visiting and diving with Critterjunkies. Here's the video of the underwater experience. Comments and critiques welcomed.

     

  2. Wow, I just spent the last hour on your youtube channel.  This is the type work I aspire to be able to do.  Your video is great.  Crisp subjects, great lighting, very well edited.  I went through your videos and right around the 2017 Coz video The quality of your videos took on a whole new level of production.  What did you do differently then?

  3. Lovely work, Stephen.

  4. The image quality is outstanding and good proof of what the GH5 can do

    However, and I am repeating myself here, even if the shots are lovely, a slide show of stills would not be far off as the fixed focal is really bearable for a short time 

  5. Excellent macro videography!  That was certainly a target rich environment.  Thanks for sharing

    What was your lens/port combo for the sequence with the anemonefish and eggs at 1:08? That is a perspective I've been trying but failing to get.  

  6. Oh wow, I really enjoyed this, I think I will be up late going through your videos :)

  7. 13 hours ago, aviator8 said:

    Wow, I just spent the last hour on your youtube channel.  This is the type work I aspire to be able to do.  Your video is great.  Crisp subjects, great lighting, very well edited.  I went through your videos and right around the 2017 Coz video The quality of your videos took on a whole new level of production.  What did you do differently then?

    Thanks aviator8! I appreciate you watching. Yes, 2017 is when I switched from the Sony CX550 video camera to the Panasonic GH5. So, the technology improved being able to shoot in 4k60p.

  8. 12 hours ago, TimG said:

    Lovely work, Stephen.

    Thanks Tim!

  9. 2 minutes ago, stphnmartin said:

    Thanks aviator8! I appreciate you watching. Yes, 2017 is when I switched from the Sony CX550 video camera to the Panasonic GH5. So, the technology improved being able to shoot in 4k60p.

    I am switching from Sony RX100V to a Panasonic GX85.  While not on the same level as the GH5 it should be a great improvement in some areas.  At least that's my hope.

  10. 9 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:

    The image quality is outstanding and good proof of what the GH5 can do

    However, and I am repeating myself here, even if the shots are lovely, a slide show of stills would not be far off as the fixed focal is really bearable for a short time 

    Thanks Inteceptor121. Am I really to believe you think a still image of a harlequin shrimp reveals almost as much detail as video of its intricate movements due to lens focal lengths?

  11. 8 hours ago, troporobo said:

    Excellent macro videography!  That was certainly a target rich environment.  Thanks for sharing

    What was your lens/port combo for the sequence with the anemonefish and eggs at 1:08? That is a perspective I've been trying but failing to get.  

    Thanks troporobo! If I remember correctly, the wider shots were done using the Oly 12-50 and the closeup on the eggs was the Oly 60mm (on two different dives of course). Both lenses fit the Nauticam 12-50 port.

  12. 1 hour ago, Steph1 said:

    Oh wow, I really enjoyed this, I think I will be up late going through your videos :)

    Thank for watching Steph1!

  13. 8 minutes ago, aviator8 said:

    I am switching from Sony RX100V to a Panasonic GX85.  While not on the same level as the GH5 it should be a great improvement in some areas.  At least that's my hope.

    Cool, it's always fun to upgrade. Except for the learning curve! ;^)

  14. Are you using a tripod or all handheld with IBIS?

  15. Thanks Inteceptor121. Am I really to believe you think a still image of a harlequin shrimp reveals almost as much detail as video of its intricate movements due to lens focal lengths?

    No but the octopuses are clipped and those need a wider scene
    The IQ is great but personally I like videos that show where the critter live and give a sense of size
    Here people that already know can appreciated the shrimp vs octopus someone else will think the animals are the same size
    Is a bit like fish portraits divers may love them a normal person thinks it is just a fish full stop


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Excellent macro footage. 

  17. On 2/27/2020 at 2:24 PM, aviator8 said:

    Are you using a tripod or all handheld with IBIS?

    I'm using a tripod. The Nauticam GH5 ball mounts with the xit404 tripod legs. 

  18. 22 hours ago, Lionfi2s said:

    Excellent macro footage. 

    Thanks Lionfis2s!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.