Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Customs duties on used underwater gear

Started by Steph1 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Customs duties on used underwater gear

3 posts
  1. I have seen pre-owned items for sale from outside of USA and I am interested but do not know about the customs duties and tariffs involved.  I would really appreciate input from members who are knowledgeable or who have purchased and received items within the USA.  I would like to purchase a used housing and lens from a Canadian seller but I would like to know what to expect and whether it makes sense to proceed.

    Thank you in advance. 

  2. I have shipped goods to Canada and US together with a customs form. Take into account that you cannot insure something for $200 and then declare zero value at most you can mark it as a gift and then the buyer takes chances

    On two occasions I have sold items they have arrived on time both times and no custom duties have been charged

    On the receiving side however I have always been charged customs duties on imports from Japan, China and Switzerland this does not bother me as I have a VAT and EORI number however it indicates that in essence depends on the receiving country more than where you send from

  3. Thank you, I really appreciate your response.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.