Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony fisheye converter

Started by Driftc ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony fisheye converter

3 posts
  1. Does anyone know if the new Sony 20mm 1.8 is compatible with the fisheye converter? If so, has anyone tried it out under water to check optical quality?

  2. The fisheye converter for the Sony FE 28mm F/2 snaps to the lens like a lens cap. The 28mm has a 49mm thread the new Sony FE 20mm F/1.8 (which shipped in the US today) has a 67mm threads so I would say not.

  3. Which converter, the APC-C for the 16mm f2.8 or the FF version?

    If you are meaning the APS-C E mount converter I think the Sony website show compatibility with the 20mm E mount lens. 

    I have the 16mm and the converter, I bought it to use behind a dome but understand the corners are pretty soft at open apertures. But regardless, I also do surface photos and it is a fun outfit for that alone. 

    Sony FF and APS-C cameras are selling like hotcakes on a cold day. Sony actually makes a profit on consumer imaging. And they recently eased their restrictions for other party lens makers access to their mounts and data. Maybe someday there will be a true fisheye lens option not needing a converter.

     

    Edited by Captain Fathom
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.