Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

yellow headed moray?

Started by Starbuck ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

yellow headed moray?

4 posts
  1. yellow headed moray?

    This eel shot is from Kona...looks like yellow headed moray but Paul Humann's book says there are supposed to be vertical bands...not this reticulated pattern.. I think its a yellow head...

     

    M.

  2. It looks like the Undualted Moray Gymnothorax undulatus

     

    They are pretty common on coral reefs in the Indo-Pacific region.

  3. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's an undulated moray. See attached for another pic I took on a night dive in Kona in June. They're really kind of light green, if you ask me.

  4. Image didn't attach the first time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.