Gloves then foot protection questions:
I am headed to Cocos later in the year in early December, presuming the virus events pass by then. From what I read, one should be prepared to hold onto rocks to allow closer passes from sharks, etc. And the rocks might have sea urchins about. So I need sturdy gloves that work well with DSLR photo equipment. Already upgraded from the Z240's to the Z330's so that will be easier. But the gloves I have might work for holding rocks most likely but of no help with urchins. I have older scubapro warm water gloves with thin neoprene on the backs and a leather like material on the front. They are good for pulling down a rope and warm water. Not sure how well they will do for Cocos conditions.
I looked at the Scubapro tropical 1.5mm gloves. They are tight around the fingers, good elsewhere. Land and diving gloves I have had in the past that are tight on fingers end up cutting circulation and making the hands colder. Not tried these gloves in water, only tried them on.
What suggestions can I get from the Wetpixel community? I only do warm water diving, above 78F for most diving. The cold upwellings at Cocos might be my coldest diving plans for the near future. So 3mm or thinner gloves are what I am looking for. I think 1.5mm would be sufficient as well for warmth. I will be in a 5mm suit at Cocos with hood.
For my feet, I want to use full foot fins with 1.5mm socks. Will that be adequate? I could go to 3mm booties and open fins but that is not my preference.
Thanks for your time and comments.