Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Underwater white balance tutorial

Started by Aquatic Images ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater white balance tutorial

4 posts
  1. Hi Divers

     

    Just wanted to share with you a tutorial I did recently in regards to white balancing your camera underwater. Any feedback appreciated, thanks for checking it out!

     

     

  2. Hi Andy, a very helpful tutorial - many thanks. A quick question, you mention that the Olympus TG-6 needs a red filter (which I have), should I do the custom white balance with the filter on the housing or should I remove the filter to do the white balance and then put the filter back on? It's been incredibly difficult to find the answer to this question anywhere online.

    Thanks

    Chris Greaves

  3. Hi Chris

    Definitely do a custom white balance with the red filter on for the most accurate results possible with your camera. But if you shoot anything with video lights, make sure to remove the red filter and use either automatic white balance or do a custom white balance with the lights on. 

    Good luck!

  4. Hi Andy

    Many thanks for the advice, I will give it a go next weekend.

    Best regards

    Chris

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.