Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

FS: Canon EF-S lenses 60mm macro, Sigma 17-70 medium wide macro lens

Started by norbertwu ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

FS: Canon EF-S lenses 60mm macro, Sigma 17-70 medium wide macro lens

2 posts
  1. For sale: Canon EF-S lenses.  Both lenses are used but in excellent shape both cosmetically and optically.  

    1.  Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens.  

    2.  Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Lens

    Feel free to make a reasonable offer for either lens.  

     

    The 60mm macro lens is selling on Amazon and B&H for $349.  It's great for shooting, obviously, macro. 

    The Sigma lens is an older lens, but a good versatile one.  I used it for photographing medium-wide-angle macro shots.  It's a versatile lens where I was able to, for instance, frame a turtle or large anemone, then frame a clownfish guarding eggs in the macro mode.
    Here's some information on the Sigma lens:

    This is an excellent lens that focuses down to 8.7 inches, or 1:3.  

    Here's what a review from the web says: 
    The best mid-range zoom for Canon EF-S is Sigma 17-70.  There have been three versions, original plane jane 17-70, then 17-70 HSM, and now the current 17-70 OS HSM.
    HSM is Sigma verbiage for fast motor focus, like Nikon AF-S, or Canon USM.  The original was pretty slow to focus, so this is a welcome improvement.
    The HSM and stabilization features are nice, and worth while, but reproduction ratio has decreased with every revision.  Originally it was 1:2, then 1:2 point something or other on the HSM, and 1:3 on the OS HSM model.  Newer lenses have less macro capability -- one reason to get this lens instead of a newer one.  
     

    I believe this review is for this model: 

    https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigma-17-70mm-f2-8-4-os-hsm

     

    Given the delays in shipping stuff internationally these days, I'd much prefer to ship these items within the US.  I'll figure the cost of shipping via UPS, USPS, or Fedex and we can come to an agreement, hopefully.  

    s-l1600-2.jpg

    s-l1600-4.jpg

    s-l1600-2.jpg

  2. A nice person here on wp told me that my description of the lenses was inadequate.  So here are more details: these lenses are in excellent condition and were barely used.  I used the lenses for only one or two trips to Indonesia (thanks for the great dives, Maluku Divers in Ambon) and even then, used the lenses rarely on dives as I primarily used wider lenses.  I'd consider a reasonable offer to be about $300 plus shipping for each lens as they are just a small step down from new.  In fact, as I think about it, I may never have actualy used the Canon 60mm macro lens, ever.  Yes, there are newer versions of the Sigma lens but AFAIK each newer version has less macro capability.  Feel free to show me otherwise.  

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.