Hello,
I've dreamed of swimming with whales, and particularly humpback whales, since reading an article as a boy about whales and whale song in National Geographic.
I've started to explore possible means and places to do this, and am grateful for the insights (and images!) posted on this forum by paolobl65, Don Silcock, photovan, and others.
I'd be grateful for your insights into your experiences on the best places and ways to proceed, of course having as a starting point the safest, most respectful and ecologically responsible ways.
Is Tonga likely the best place to explore? Dominican Republic, Ningaloo, elsewhere?
Is a tour the best (or only) way to proceed? Is it possible to hire legal charters once there? Are photo/video permits required?
I've seen and love the work of @karimiliya on Instagram, and the company www.dancewithwhales.com, and while in isolation in NYC during the pandemic, am fantasizing about the possibility of swimming with whales once it's safe to travel.
Many thanks in advance for your insights.
AJ