Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Subal ND20 Housing - Bayonet Type 3 or 4 ??

Started by B Harris ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Subal ND20 Housing - Bayonet Type 3 or 4 ??

7 posts
  1. Hello, 

    After 12 years, I am getting back into UW Photography, I have just picked up a Subal ND20 Rig/Ports and other items.

    Just waiting to be delivered.

    I need to get an extension ring, but was wondering if the Bayonet Type is 3 or 4 ??

    I would have thought its a Type 3 as its an older housing, but double checking.

    Keep safe

    Regards

    Brian UK  

    Edited by B Harris — error
  2. I had Subal ND2 and originally comes as type 3 and I believe, it is impossible to fit type 4 in it, even if you want as the opening and internals would not allow the conversion. However, I have Subal ND7100 and another one for Nikon D90, both type 4, so I can measure the diameter of the porthole and let you know.

    Edited by scuba_d
  3. Thanks for this !

  4. Sorry I meant ND20 Housing

  5. I have just measured the porthole of my type 4 housing and the diameter is 110 mm, so yours should be 100 mm. 

  6. Thanks 

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.