Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What type of Subal Dome Port is this ??

Started by B Harris ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

What type of Subal Dome Port is this ??

2 posts
  1. Hi,

    I have just picked a Subal ND20 Rig and I am trying to identify exactly what of Type 3 Dome Port I have.

    Its 9cm (3 1/2") high and the diameter is just over 18cm (just over 7").

    Any assistance would be appreciated.

    Thanks 

     

    IMG_0818.jpg

    IMG_0819.jpg

    IMG_0820.jpg

  2. Hi, it looks like a Subal 200 mm, 8 inch port.  I too got this dome port, in perfect condition as part of a Subal ND20 rig, together with its extension port.
     http://www.subal.com/a134c15c13/Ports_Gears_Viewfinders/Dome_ports/DP_230_dome_port.aspx
    I believe the Subal name for this port is something like the 8 or 8.25 inch dome port.

    From time to time eBay sells the Canon C20 (?) camera body for next to nothing, to complete the camera-housing package. I have yet to dive with it, will have to wait until the Corvid epidemic quiets. 

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.