Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Are Trigger Mounts Standard?

Started by Pomacentridae ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Are Trigger Mounts Standard?

3 posts
  1. Hello there,

    I have a Nauticam Flexitray II and want to install a trigger mount. However, since I don't have a Nauticam housing the Nauticam brackets won't work. I am looking at third party options but don't know if those options are compatible with the Nauticam Flexitray II.

    Would like to know if the Dimension X and the Screw Diameter here are standard?

    Cheers,

    Aaron

     

    Trigger.png

  2. The trigger is setup to work with the flexitray and bracket - housing is not relevant apart  from whether or not the extension will reach the shutter release on your housing and the fact that you don't have brackets if you don't have a Nauticam housing.

    However, Nauticam offer a universal RH bracket to allow mounting of the trigger:  https://www.nauticam.com/products/universal-right-handle-bracket-for-use-with-25200 if you don't have a set of housing brackets .  For a Nauticam item it is surprisingly cheap. 

    Note this is for the Mirroless/compact housing shutter release extension which looks a little different to the one in your pic. 

     

  3. Thanks Chris,

    I did not realize they had that universal bracket, I will get that instead.

    Cheers,

    Aaron

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.