Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Setting up lighting rig for my t6. Am I forgetting anything?

Started by domromer ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Setting up lighting rig for my t6. Am I forgetting anything?

4 posts
  1. I shoot mostly macro and a little bit bit of wide angle. I wanted a rig that I could do a bit of both and not break the budget.

    Did I forget anything? Any input on any of my choices?

     

    Here are some of my pics.

    My Flickr Page

     

     

     

    image.thumb.png.4071291e472b725b2fb79679c915659a.png

    Edited by domromer
  2. image.thumb.png.5e6d581658ec7ad2471789a6d5bbb4e2.png

  3. Annotation 2020-05-31 101530.png

  4. I would get this cable instead:  https://www.backscatter.com/Inon-Optical-D-Cable-L-Type-17-in-With-Rubber-Fix

    The S&S plugs are easy to pull out and the one you linked uses an adapter to allow a S&S to plug into INON Screw fitting so can pull out.  The one I linked has an INON screw fitting end so only the housing end uses a S&S plug fitting.  Alternately you can order the cable bare and buy a right angle plug fitting for the cable.  I prefer to use the old style large screw plug which is provided on this cable as well, you take apart the fitting to change the fitting. 

    The L cable adapter is here:  https://www.backscatter.com/Inon-Rubber-Bush-Typle-L

    You can use one for two cables if you like.  I think it is also more secure than the straight double hole bushing.  The advantage of these cable types is if the cable breaks at the plug you can trim the cable and re-assemble it.  The moulded plugs on the cable you linked can't do this.

    You don't mention what housing you have - you might need an attachment to allow you to plug in fibre optics if the housing doesn't have it as standard.  This is the one for a TG-6:  https://www.backscatter.com/Olympus-PFCA-03-Optical-Fiber-Cable-Adapter

    You also need 6 clamps not 5 and do you have something to clip your carry lanyard to?  this is one option: https://www.backscatter.com/Nauticam-Multi-Purpose-MP-Clamp-with-Shackle  Ultrlight may have something similar.

     

    Edited by ChrisRoss

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.