Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Shutterstock drop their rates

Started by TimG ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Shutterstock drop their rates

2 posts
  1. I'm not sure who else on WP has images with Shutterstock and has followed the recent drop in their rates - I was wondering.

    The drop is spectacular. From .38c an image to about .10c or .11c. 

    It was bad enough selling images at .38c a time. But .11c? Is it really worth it? Anyone have answer that is more than two letters?

    I used to sell enough images to pay for a couple of lenses a year. And now? 

    Edited by TimG
  2. I have images on Shutterstock and my sales are almost all between 10 and 14c since 1 june. Around 75% less than before. They also have put subscription pack for videos, I have some videos sales for 1.80 and 0.60$...
    They are killing the market. It's time to boycott Shutterstock and disable portfolios.
    I encourage everyone that have images or videos on Shutterstock to join the facebook group listed below :

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/

    To have much more explanations look here :

    https://www.microstockgroup.com/index.php

    https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/100133-new-earnings-structure-for-contributors/

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.