Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

who's going to Antibes?

Started by manatee19 ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

who's going to Antibes?

11 posts
  1. who's going to Antibes?

    Will be attending the Antibes Festival next week.

     

    Who else is going?

     

    May be we could arrange for a lunch for wetpixel aficionados.

     

    Michel Gilbert

  2. I really want to go. But I am still undecided because I will have to go early in the event Wednesday/Thursday if I do. And the weekend is much more fun.

     

    Stupidly, the UK diveshow has changed dates this year and now clashes with Antibes. Now normally I'd choose the Riviera over the UK's West Midlands anyday, but John Boyles new film Ocean Wierdos is being shown for the first time at the diveshow and I have heard that I might be in it. I was certainly interviewed for it!

     

    Plus the day after the UK diveshow I am giving a talk to the UK's Northern Underwater Photography Group - and that will be a lot easier to get to from Birmingham than Nice!

     

    Alex

  3. I ll be there , you can contact me via PM

  4. Hi Alex,

     

    did not realize that the UK dive show was interfering... ah those Brittons...

     

    I would have loved to meet you. We will probably see some of your stuff in the competition though. And don't tell me which image since my best half is on the jury... Or maybe I could ask for a few british Pound to cheer for you... However, she cannot be bribbed (sp?) so I would lhave to keep all the money form myself.

     

    I'll contact you Jérôme.

     

    Michel

  5. i will be around on the week end as well.

    /paul

  6. I am there right now! Unlike DEMA there is free wireless internet access right across the festival! Not that it is advertised anywhere. I just turned my laptop on and yippee - I'm online!

     

    Anyway here is a picture of me with my grubby mits on Subal's D2H/D2X housing. This is a full production housing - although the controls are all dummies. Once these are replaced it will be going underwater.

     

    Subal have made an initial batch of 10. Which are all sold (although some are sold to dealers - so may still be available) and will probably be delivered Dec/Jan.

     

    I told them that I think that they should not underestimate the interest in this housing - since with Digital many photographers tend to shoot with cameras from a class above the one they used on fim.

     

    Alex

  7. I am there right now! Unlike DEMA there is free wireless internet access right across the festival! Not that it is advertised anywhere. I just turned my laptop on and yippee - I'm online!

     

    Anyway here is a picture of me with my grubby mits on Subal's D2H/D2X housing. This is a full production housing - although the controls are all dummies. Once these are replaced it will be going underwater.

     

    Subal have made an initial batch of 10. Which are all sold (although some are sold to dealers - so may still be available) and will probably be delivered Dec/Jan.

     

    I told them that I think that they should not underestimate the interest in this housing - since with Digital many photographers tend to shoot with cameras from a class above the one they used on fim.

     

    Alex

  8. The Tan has almost all gone there Alex ..... would you either steal me a housing for my D60 (subal) or grab me a 20d and sea and sea housing for it (or subal if they took any)

     

    I hate having enough money to finally buy what i want and now not know what to buy !

     

    Giles

  9. hi alex, say hello for me to Mike Warren , ...hope he hasn't forgot my order :D I m landing tomorrow morning

     

    some of us from this forum will meet saturday at 12 am by SEA CRUISE - Subal stand

    hope to see you :wink:

  10. Unfortunately, Jerome, I am back in the UK now. I wish that I was still there in Antibes - I was having the most brilliant time right up until I had to leave last night. The reason I could not stay longer is that I want to go to the UK diveshow on Sunday and I flew to Nice using air miles, which wouldn't let me fly back on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Jerome, I guess that you can recognise that the image above is taken in front of Mike's Sea Cruise stand.

     

    Next year I will pay for my flight and go out Thursday morning and come home on Sunday.

     

    Alex

     

    p.s. As for my suntan, Giles, yes it is on the wane - it is pretty hard to maintain in the UK at this time of year. Although I must say that I look a bit more washed out in the image above than I do in life!

  11. Sorry guys,

     

    Missed the Sat. 12noon rendez-vous... had too much to do.

     

    Saw a lot of people there, but did not recognize wetpixel member... maybe we should wear rabbit ears next year!

     

    Sorry,

     

    Michel

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.