Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon5000 - Ikelite housing TTL

Started by platzja ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon5000 - Ikelite housing TTL

5 posts
  1. I am using a DS125 with a synch cord. I have had no luck with this setup using the TTL mode. It doesn't seem that the photo sensor on the camera would get an accurate reading thru the acrylic housing. For close-up and macro distances it seems that the subject area would not be in the angle of view of the photo sensor. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

  2. What do the pictures look like? Are they under or overexposed? Is the flash firing? Etc.

     

    I'm sure we can help. Many others on this board are getting good TTL results.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Thanks for the reply. The strobe is firing. The results are inconsistent, but usually overexposed.

  4. There is a very long message line on this subject on this forum. It will give you all the settings you need. I can assure you that it is possible to get good macro with TTL. Try: speedlight -2, F8, 1/500 or 1/250 shutter, diffuser on the 125, 100 ASA. For very close macro using the 19 mm lens I find you have to back off the strobe about a foot and a half from the subject.

  5. Look in Member gallery links. Under CP5000 photos I posted a number of macro shoots using the 5000 and Ike housing that were shot TTL

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.