Hi
I'd appreciate your advice.
I have an AD500 housing with Aquatica fitted Surveyor system. The housing is a little over a year old. I dive once or twice most weeks.
It recently developed a problem. Once I create enough of a vacuum and the light has gone solid green I remove the pump. Just as I start to disengage the pump from the camera vacuum valve the red light starts flashing red and the alarm sounds!
It eventually stops flashing and I am left with a camera that is vacuum sealed (cannot remove the rear cover without releasing the vacuum pressure) but no slow flashing green to reassure me all is good.
I have worked a little silicone grease into the housing attached surveyor valve (picture attached) and it has started to work as expected - one time out of three.
This makes me think I may have not taken sufficient care of the vacuum valve. I always leave the valve cap in place while diving and washing off after, only removing it to gain access for the pump.
First of all, have I diagnosed the problem correctly and secondly what advice do you have to better care for my surveyor.
I like my blinking green light it makes me happy. ![]()
Many thanks