Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Announcing Wetpixel Live

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Announcing Wetpixel Live

8 posts
  1. If you are reading this I am sure that you know that Wetpixel is powered by a huge community of enthusiasts that generously share their experiences and knowledge, Wetpixel is the world's premium source for information about everything to do with underwater imaging. To help make this information more available to all, we are proud to announce Wetpixel Live.

    Hosted by Wetpixel editor Adam Hanlon, with regular contributions from Associate Editor and renown photographer, Alex Mustard, Wetpixel Live is a regularly refreshed series of video conversations with leading underwater image makers about topics that are of interest to all those that venture beneath the surface with a camera. It is crammed full of hard-edged technical information and practical advice with the goal of helping people create memorable images.

    Adam says: "Wetpixel is the most comprehensive for information about underwater imaging. Wetpixel Live aims to answer some of the questions that are frequently asked on the forum and to make this amazing resource more accessible to image makers."
      
    The first episode is now live on the Wetpixel YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Rf_mU-wBuBXas7fBRJrMQ). It lists and explains 5 important tips for those staring out as underwater photographers. 

    Please head on over and check the episode out. If you enjoy it, subscribe to the channel to receive notifications as we add more video content in future.

    Edited by adamhanlon
  2. Hope I am not speaking out of turn - but I am sure Adam would gratefully receive any suggestions of questions/topics we could address. Also this is not a closed shop - if there is a question/topic you would really like to discuss in this format with Adam, then please do volunteer yourself. 
    Alex 

  3. Great idea.  Two topics I'd like to see if you could cover:

    1   Tripods.  Options for stable platforms available from ready made to DIY.  The use of tripods in different environments. 

    2  Getting under your subject.   I don't have a 45 degree view finder yet, so I find it challenging sometimes on a reef or tight spot to get on eye level or under a subject to shoot up.  Can you cover this subject with any tips, tricks, or techniques you have learned?

  4. Thank you-let's see how we can fit those in to future episodes.

    In terms of your second query, I think there are a couple of responses.

    By their very definition, there are some images that cannot be captured due to it being simply impossible to get in the right position to safely (for reef and photographer) to do so. Perhaps a suitable episode might eb along the lines of "great images that I never captured!"

    Precision buoyancy control, finning technique and trim will allow any photographers to get in and out of spots that those without these skills will not be able to! I found with a "normal" VF, I tended get quite upside down!

    Thank you for the feedback..watch out for a future episode. 

  5. I have watched five of the new Wetpixel Live videos and they are well worth the time. Keep up the great work..

  6. Any possibility of talking about Virtual Image?  How is it determined?  Focus on subjects closer than the virtual image, how are they effected?

    Thanks for the great episodes so far.  Very informative and entertaining.

  7. I think we are planning an episode about dome theory, but Alex has a great talk about it here too: 

     

     

  8. I have watched now a few of those videos and it is clear it too some good effort to produce all of that so thank you 

    Now the constructive feedback that is always one of my strong points being such a smooth operator (LOL)

    Whilst the knowledge of the presenters is clearly without question I struggle with the format of being a long chat

    Video presentation that is not live is totally different to a real live session so the content needs to be adjusted accordingly if you want people to watch it. Although is called wetpixel live it was not live streamed?

    Perhaps using some presentation aids (slides, some pictures or show the actual equipment) and a clearer structure would help. With video of this length it may be useful to have markers of the various subsections so that when you go back to watch it you know where to go

    I hope Alex and Adam will still speak to me after this post hahaha

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.