Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Advice Needed: AOI/FANTASEA QRS Arm Mount Base - Twin to Single Conversion

Started by joncroweucl ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice Needed: AOI/FANTASEA QRS Arm Mount Base - Twin to Single Conversion

4 posts
  1. Dear WetPixel community,

    I own the the AOI Quick Release System 01 Twin Mount Base for my wet lenses (link below):

    https://www.aoi-uw.com/products/aoi-qrs-01-mb2t.html

    It is great, however, I have realised it would be good to have the flexibility of 2 independent holders, as per the product below:

    https://www.aoi-uw.com/products/aoi-qrs-01-mb2.html

    I am looking for a pair of retaining brackets, one for each holder, as shown in the image below.

    image.png.cfd70f34a6075b55afef931f9402abf4.png

    Does anyone have experience converting the Twin Mount Base into two independent single mounts?

    Does anyone know a supplier of AIO/Fantasea spare parts where I could order these retaining brackets?

    Any advice or ideas would be greatly welcomed!

    Thanks,

    Jonathan

  2. Hi Tim,

    Thanks for the links I already had a look through the Fantasea and Aoi accessories and spare parts catalogue but could not find the item listed.

    I've already sent a request to Fantasea but thought I'd canvass the WetPixel community to see if anyone had experience or a creative solution to enable this flexibility.

    Hopefully Fantasea will get back to me soon.

     

     

     

     

  3. 2 minutes ago, joncroweucl said:

    Hi Tim,

    Thanks for the links I already had a look through the Fantasea and Aoi accessories and spare parts catalogue but could not find the item listed.

    I've already sent a request to Fantasea but thought I'd canvass the WetPixel community to see if anyone had experience or a creative solution to enable this flexibility.

    Hopefully Fantasea will get back to me soon.

     

     

     

     

    Hey Jonathan

    I thought you probably had but I thought I'd pass them on anyway. As you say, hopefully Fantasea will get back to you soon.

    Could be one of the WP member 3D-printer wizards come up with something!

    Edited by TimG
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.