Aquatica 5DIII housing, upgraded to accept the Canon 5DIV, for sale. Housing only. In excellent condition, never flooded, meticulously maintained. Dual Nikonos style sync connection. Asking $1500.00
- 13Posts
- 13Replies
Read-only discussion
Aquatica 5DIII/IV Housing for Sale
-
-
-
If it's been upgraded to the 5D Mark IV, can it still work with the 5D Mark III? Or would it need to be modified again?
-
Although the 5D Mark III and IV are nearly identical, the housing would need to be modified back. The tray that holds the camera in the housing is different, and there are two control connections that have to be swapped out. Its essentially unscrewing two allen type screws, exchanging with the old parts, and screwing back in. Can easily be done in less than 15 minutes. Or, if you're uncomfortable doing the conversion yourself, and close to any underwater housing repair shop, they can very easily do it for you.
I am almost positive that I have the old parts and the allen wrench that was provided with the conversion kit, but will need to look for it when I get home to be certain. (On my lunch break at work now).
Thanks for your interest. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
-
Confirmed: I do have the kit to revert the housing back for Mark III use. Very easy to do! Kinda two housings in one...
-
Is this still for sale?
-
Hello MK2. Yes, the housing is still for sale
-
You coming to Cozumel anytime soon?
-
Hello. I am interested in the housing. I sent you pm.
-
Housing has now been Sold.
-
Perfect transaction and communication. Thanks
-
Hey DeepDiscovery. I would like to convert an aquatica housing for my 5div like you did. Can you tell me what conversion kit you bought and where ?
-
Hello Richard,
I purchased the conversion from Aquatica. It was about $750 when I purchased it a few years ago. The kits consists of a new camera plate, and two small gears that were very easily replaced with the supplied Allen wrench. Total conversion took about 15 min.
Send an email to Carolina at carolina@aquatica.ca or info@aquatica.ca. She is great to work with and very responsive. She will be able to answer all of your questions regarding the kits availability and pricing.
You may also wish to work through Backscatter. www.backscatter.com. They will be able to help you as well. Great group of folks who can advise you on all manner of gear related issues and questions.
I hope that helps.
Best of luck with the conversion.
Bill