After having shot Olympus for several years in my documentary and street photography, and the recent announcement of Olympus selling off its camera division to JIP, I'm debating whether to dump all my Olympus gear or stick it out.
I'm heavily invested in Olympus topside (5 bodies, 8 lenses, 3 TTL strobes) and debating whether to add an Olympus housing to my equipment list.
I've considered switching out completely to SONY a6xxx for all my work but I truly love the compact form factor of m43. My issue is Olympus is really lagging on the video codec end of things - Panasonic is much better on that front but I want the ability to switch back and forth easily between stills and video while freediving. I'll be shooting ambient light only, primarily concentrating on large pelagic marine life, other freedivers, seascapes, etc. I can use/get either the Olympus 9-18 or either of the 8mm fisheye lenses from Olympus or Panasonic.
Typical shooting depths no more than 15-20 meters maximum with 10 meters being the norm depending on water clarity. If I can move to SONY, can their 16mm f/2.8 lens with their clip on fish eye adapter be utilized in a housing with dome port? SONY doesn't have the lens options of other brands on that end of the lens spectrum so any advice/input would be greatly appreciated.