Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Wildlife Photographer of the Year

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Wildlife Photographer of the Year

3 posts
  1. Wildlife Photographer of the Year

    Perrine, Digital, Canon, USA

     

    are the overall winners in the prestigious Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition 2004.

     

    http://internt.nhm.ac.uk/jdsml/wildwin/200...catdescrip2=wpy

     

    You can see a big version of this image in UWP Mag issue 17. When I saw this image earlier in the year I wrote to Doug and told him that I thought it was one of the best images I had seen from the Sardine Run. It really is awesome.

     

    Once again UW winners were dominated by the big, crowd pleasing animals (a good tip if you want to enter this competition)!

     

    UW winner and runner up were both sharks (Perrine x2). Plus another shark was highly commended in UW (Hood) and another shark in the highly commended endangered animals category (Seifert). Oh and another shark won the Innovation award (Atkinson). Turtles are marine mammals also tend to do well in this competition - both were HC in UW.

     

    Charles Hood was highly commended for his Great Hammerhead, taken on a trip that Eric was on:

    http://www.echeng.com/travel/bahamas2003/

     

    Alex

  2. I was pleased to see that the Young Wildlife Photographer of the Year went to a shot of a relatively common Green Anole Lizard. It is a good reminder that subject matter closer to home (for some of us :D) is still worthy of exploration.

     

    Oh yes, I was also glad to see that a Nikon film camera was used by the Young Wildlife Photographer of the Year :)

     

    And congratulations to Doug Perrine for a stunning shot.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.