I would like to know if anyone did upgrade from Mark i to Mark iii , and will advise this as smart move.
I use 60 macro and 12-50 lenses in near future Panasonic 7-14 lens.
Dov
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by dovella ·
Read-only discussion
I would like to know if anyone did upgrade from Mark i to Mark iii , and will advise this as smart move.
I use 60 macro and 12-50 lenses in near future Panasonic 7-14 lens.
Dov
The autofocus will be lots better and more pixels also helps. The battery is also bigger. But you can find a good deal on the Mark II. I don't think the Mark III is sufficiently better than the II for the price difference.
Bill
If I recall correctly the Mark II introduces phase difference detection that helps focus with the 60mm macro
For wide angle it will be mostly about more pixels
From UW point of view the features or the mark III add nothing to the mark II
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Em1mk1 was the first MFT with Phase Detection AF. Since then Olympus probably have added better AF algorithms, but the underlying tech has stayed the same. One of the reasons at the time was, that this allowed the use of the older Four Thirds system lenses with workable AF (Lenses like the 150mm f2 and 300mm f2.8, so not important for UW use).
I agree with @bvanant that the mkII presents better value for money. The only big feature on the new camera is Hand Held High resolution in my opinion.
The Em1mk1 was the first MFT with Phase Detection AF. Since then Olympus probably have added better AF algorithms, but the underlying tech has stayed the same. One of the reasons at the time was, that this allowed the use of the older Four Thirds system lenses with workable AF (Lenses like the 150mm f2 and 300mm f2.8, so not important for UW use).
I agree with [mention=141]bvanant[/mention] that the mkII presents better value for money. The only big feature on the new camera is Hand Held High resolution in my opinion.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.