Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

RAW converter comparison (Bibble, Element & Breesebrowse

Started by iainwilliams ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

RAW converter comparison (Bibble, Element & Breesebrowse

2 posts
  1. RAW converter comparison (Bibble, Element & Breesebrowse

    Hello;

     

    This is interesting. As some of you know I'm looking for a good RAW converter.

     

    I have tried a couple so far and thought I'd share my experiences. The results are basic, but the methodology between the three programmes is consistent.

     

    The three programmes I am using are Breesebrowser RAW converter, Bibble Pro 4 RAW converter and the standard PhotoShop Elements 2.

    I am converting RAW using Breesebrowser and then using levels in Elements.

     

    I am applying levels, sharpening, noise reducer and white balance ONLY. White balance is selected using the eyesropper for white and is taken at the same area of the image for the three programmes.

     

    Bibble consistently comes out with a more washed out white balance. The colour is always a little whiter than what I remember. Breezebrowser's white balance seems to represent the original object.

     

    The noise reduction in Bibble is excellent and you can enlarge without posteration where Breezebrowser is not as good, although this is at 300+ magnification!

     

    The end product is that converting RAW in Breesebrowser and then doing levels and unsharp mask in elements produces a better result than doing all this directly in Bibble in the RAW format. The only benifit and improvement in Bibble is the exposure adjustment ability, which Breesebrowser and Elements do not have. (Elements 3 does however......).

     

    This is a bit of a ramble, but I'd thought I'd share my initial findings.....Iain

  2. Iain, I'm looking forward to your comments on Elements 3.0.

     

    If Elements 3.0 is as good as it's big brother, Photoshop CS, at white balance and exposure compensation, I think you will quickly stop using the alternatives you are now using,

     

    And my recommendation to others considering RAW is to get out your credit card and click on the following link unless you already have Photoshop CS.

     

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ronics&n=507846

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.