After a short D7200 trial some years ago this time I have taken a D850 for two dives
Using Nauticam housing I didn’t feel the basic ergonomics where any different than my GH5
The Nikon Menu system remains atrocious and is something that I will never embrace but that is personal
But the thing that was again most painful was the optical viewfinder
I was using a 45 degree magnifier I have to say the sharpness was excellent and I didn’t have framing issues tho some things like vignetting were leas obvious (had a fisheye zoom with TC)
The optical viewfinder remains one of the things I never get on land as underwater. Shooting an image and having to review each single one on the LCD is pure suffering especially on a 45 degree viewfinder
Also the lack of access to a live view without any exposure helps like zebra make sunburst much harder
So I am ok with the viewfinder at 45 gives you the benefit for low shots however the OVF is something I will never understand
Either way there may no be any OVF in a matter of few years but I just can’t understand the benefits of it underwater or on land
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk