Hello everyone! Hope this post finds you well.
Unfortunately, yesterday during my first dive after 6 months, I had a very significant flooding. It was so significant that I thought I had entirely forgot to place the oring. However, a quick check revealed that everything was in place. The reason of the flooding was the dome glass itself, which in one side had separated from the port! Massive manufacturing mistake (or negligence). Well, situation is that the housing probably took 1 liter of salt water in <1 min.
Camera (Em1 Mark 2) and lens are both gone and as for the dome, I am already claiming to the manufacturer.
Now. as this is the first time that I get a flooding, I want to know how should I treat the housing in order not to lose another piece of equipment. I guess I should rinse it fully from inside, but any specific advice on how to recover it would be greatly appreciated. The housing the Olympus PT-EP13.
thanks in advance for any info!!