Got a problem . I have bought me an Hugyfot housing for my Canon 7 D, and i want to use my 2 Ikelite DS 160 on this housing. Wat kind of cabel should i use. The housing uses nikonos bulk head. I have tried an ikelite Y cable non TTL but flashes wont fire. Should i use 2 singel cords ??
I will be very happy if any one have the answer to me
Hi,
is there an electronic board with micro switches inside?
Use Nikon, so dont know how that looks in the Canon versions...
That could be a reason.
Otherwise, contact Hugyfot direct, normally they are very helpfull.
Good luck,
Wolfgang
Do you know what size the thread is on the nikonos bulkhead? That will be the only concern about it working.
Hi
I have the first cable you put a link on, the manual one. But i dont know what you mean with the size of the thread In the Nikonos bulkhead?? I have bougt it used and the former owner had Inon z 240 strobes and they worked.
Ikelite strobes split the TTL electronics between the housing and the strobe so all the strobes are the same and the housings have the electronics within them to communicate the TTL protocol between the camera and the strobe.
Basically you check backwards from the strobe itself, strobe with sync cord then all the way back to the hotshoe to isolate where the fault is.
6 hours ago, Robert Tungesvik said:
Hi
I have the first cable you put a link on, the manual one. But i dont know what you mean with the size of the thread In the Nikonos bulkhead?? I have bougt it used and the former owner had Inon z 240 strobes and they worked.
Just confirming you also have the hot shoe connected inside the housing, and have double checked the nikonos pinout with your camera's hotshoe pinout?
The nikonos bulkhead will be screwed into the housing via a threaded hole. Depending on what thread that hole is, you can remove the the nikonos bulkhead and replace it with an ikelite bulkhead, and use the kit I linked, which will give you full TTL for your strobes.