Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wetpixel Live: Tools for Photogrammetry

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel Live: Tools for Photogrammetry

3 posts
  1. @Alex_Mustard and @decosnapper discuss the essential tools that are needed to create amazing photogrammetry models.
     
  2. Great topic, thanks Adam & Simon!

    I have a question about the lens discussion. Simon mentioned that the software reads the data embedded into the photo in order to correct for the lens type/distortion. Totally understand that as Lightroom (and other software) can do the same. However, how does (or could) it work with a wet lens?

    For example, I have a Sony a6400 with the SE1650-PZ lens and the Nauticam WWL-C wet lens. The software would think it was just the native lens. 

    Thanks,

    - brett

  3. It would not be able to natively sense that you were using the WWL.

    I think (and I'm sure @decosnapper can confirm) that there is a manual lens correction option in Metashape too.

    That said, with WACP,  and some limited use with WWL-1, no correction was needed as the images are not very "fishy"

    Adam

     

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.