Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Nudibranch models/fridge magnets?

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudibranch models/fridge magnets?

11 posts
  1. Hi all,

    Strange request!

    I've got a bunch of lens tests coming up and wanted to try and find some of this model nudibranchs that you see around the place and wish you had bought them :) Does anyone know how to get hold of them/know of a dive store local to them that has them?

    They do need to be capable of going underwater.

    Before anyone asks (!) the tests are being done here in the UK and although I'm sure I could find lots of real ones in the sea, the test need to have repeatable conditions, so will be in fresh water. Of course, if anyone can/wants to whisk me away somewhere more exotic (preferable by private jet to avoid COVID related issues), I am happy to entertain the idea :)

    Adam

    Edited by adamhanlon
  2. Adam,

     Check out various artists of nudibranch magnets and such by doing a search on Etsy, using terms nudibranchs and sea slugs. A number of sources available, although not sure about any being local for you..

    Good luck

    Cindy

  3. Thanks Cindy...checking now.

  4. We have a bunch but they are not terribly water resistant, at least the ones from the Thai group.

    Bill

  5. Hi Adam,
    what about smurfs?
    Should do the same job ;-))
    Or fish magnets...
    Or playmobil figures, or from company Schleich, they do great animals...
    I know, not nudies ;-))
    Good luck,
    Wolfgang

    Edited by trimix125
  6. Smurfs eh? Aren't they blue?? All sorts of white balance issues there.... :crazy:

    Does Playmobile not float? If it does't, I might buy some.....

  7. Hi tim,
    do you wanna play the easy way???
     

    No was just a question of available...

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  8. 31 minutes ago, trimix125 said:

    Hi tim,
    do you wanna play the easy way???
     

    No was just a question of available...

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

    LOL, I used to buy tons of Playmobile for my kids when they were small. Great stuff!

  9. Thank you for all the ideas. I have some excellent rubber ducks that know how to pose perfectly, but wanted something that actually was a similar size to the types of subject that we actually shoot.

    This is specifically for the EMWL/Laowa 14mm f/11, although we plan to test WACP 1 and 2, as well as comparing this to 230mm and 16-35mm. Obviously, the nudis will not feature much in the WA tests!

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.