Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Little Wild Things, Andaman Sea, Thailand

Started by Placebo365 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Little Wild Things, Andaman Sea, Thailand

5 posts
  1. Evening folks, been a while since I made a video, hope you enjoy.

    Little Wild Things

    (watch in 1080p if poss, if not Youtube compression isn't the best)

    Thanks.

  2. Hi! Thanks for sharing your video! Love the fast cuts, a lot of time these kind of video's are a little to slow for my liking, but really like your tempo. Also the colours are great, what materials you use? Dang you came close to that whale shark :)

  3. Thanks Roberto, appreciate that. Yeah I get bored with the long cuts too, keeps the brain hooked if it's shorter cuts I think.  I've been using the humble Sony A6000 with 16-50mm kit lens in Meikon housing for 4 years now and mostly the Meikon wet lens dome port with it.  2 Scubalamp V6k pro lights.  Shoot everything in manual.  Baby whale shark was so curious you literally couldn't get away from it.  Kept swimming right at the divers, not seen one quite as curious as that before, it hung around several divers for 30 minutes.  Thanks for the compliment.

    Edited by Placebo365
  4. Great to see the image you can get with the A6000! A already had the A6500, and use the same kit lens, a lot of people are quite negative about it, but I kinda like the lens, it has a nice zoom range. Looking for a wet macro lens though, to get a little closer sometimes :)

    Hope we can dive soon again, looking forward to future video's!

  5. Great video, most enjoyable! 

    I love the scene at ~1:00 of the two scorpion fish "kissing" *.  Also, great shots of the whale shark.  Thank you for posting and congratulations!

     

     

    * Yes, yes, I know they are having a difference of opinion as to how is the boss.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.