Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Hello

Started by Michael.j.Tandy ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Hello

3 posts
  1. Hey Guys and Gals, Im an English Scuba Diving Instructor Just Saying Hello,

     

    I've Manage to finally upgrade my camera, and moved into Big Boy pants with a Nikon D800 and grabbed an absolute steal on a Nauticam housing and Dome, Will be Running the Nikon 16-35, but also might look at a Fisheye. 

    I will be looking for some strobes to compliment my system, so if you have any advice.

     

    It would be greatly appreciated. 

     

    Safe Diving

  2. Inon, Sea & Sea and Ikelite are all good brands to consider for strobes with your rig...

  3. Hey Michael

    Congrats on the new gear. I can heartily recommend Inon Z240 (now second hand ) or Z330 or the Retra Prime and Pro. If you have the cash, go for the Retras!

    I had Inons for almost 20 years and rated them highly. I then bought Retra and find them superb in terms of quality of light, ability to manipulate the light with snoots, reflectors and masks - use rechargeable AAs and are easily portable. I rate them well above the Inons.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.